ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Bluring logo's when you cant use motion tracking....or can you?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
andy tolbertBluring logo's when you cant use motion tracking....or can you?
by on Apr 24, 2013 at 3:16:24 pm

I have a dilema.

I have a gazzillion logo's in crowd footage that need to be blurred and I have tried using the motion tracking but that is not working for me (too much camera motion/crowd movement). Is there ANY OTHER way to do this without having to literally go frame by frame and apply dozens of masks?

Oh...and will 1 null object do the trick for all the masks or do I need to have more?

TIA

AT

Return to posts index

Ryan StubbsRe: Bluring logo's when you cant use motion tracking....or can you?
by on Apr 24, 2013 at 3:25:55 pm

I would recommend trying to do some planar tracking in mocha, as mocha is usually considerably more effective than the built in AE tracker. If you can track a spot above the logo that isn't obscured by the crowd, you should be able to use that data to match an adjustment layer's movement to that of the logo. I'd recommend looking up some mocha tutorials for how to do this efficiently. Also, you'll probably have to mask your blur to avoid blurring people in the crowd that walk over the layer (unless you aren't worried about that), so you'll have to do quite a bit of masking anyway.
As for how many nulls/mocha tracks you'll need, it'll really depend on the amount of camera movement you have in your shot.

Return to posts index

Tom DaigonRe: Bluring logo's when you cant use motion tracking....or can you?
by on Apr 24, 2013 at 4:35:03 pm

It would be helpful if you could post a frame of the shot so we know exactly what you are dealing with.

Tom Daigon
PrP / After Effects Editor
HP Z820 Dual 2687
64GB ram
Dulce DQg2 16TB raid
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]