ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Apostrophe key = strange white line. Faster scrolling in timeline panel ?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Agris Čaurs
Apostrophe key = strange white line. Faster scrolling in timeline panel ?
on Apr 23, 2013 at 7:45:12 am

Hi, i started using Mac recently and there's annoying white line at the bottom when I press apostrophe to show title safe are. (there wasn't on windows) What is that? I was googling how to get rid of it, but didn't find anything.

Second thing that bothers me is scrolling up and down layer stack in timeline panel. Is it possible to focus on first or last layer in the stack immediately, rather than scrolling with mouse through them all. I know it's possible to select a layer and press X, but it only works if the layer is selectable.

thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Apostrophe key = strange white line. Faster scrolling in timeline panel ?
on Apr 23, 2013 at 1:58:13 pm

If the strange white line appears only when you use the Title Save & Action Safe guides, don't worry: it won't render.

You may be a newer user to After Effects. Those who have used it for a while realize that a lot of layers are a fact of life when working in AE. If you're done using certain layers in the comp, you can make them Shy, then toggle the master Shy switch on, and the shy layers disappear in the comp. They are still there, but you can't see them.

For more, go to the following page and use your browser to find the word shy:
http://help.adobe.com/en_US/aftereffects/cs/using/WS3878526689cb91655866c11...

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Apr 23, 2013 at 9:01:59 pm

Is that some kind of quick-launch toolbar or some other application?

Check the dock and menu bar and see if some kind of helper application is running. You can also check Apple > System Preferences > Keyboard > Keyboard Shortcuts to see if something is bound to that keystroke.

[Agris Čaurs] "Is it possible to focus on first or last layer in the stack immediately, rather than scrolling with mouse through them all. I know it's possible to select a layer and press X, but it only works if the layer is selectable."

You can select layers directly by typing their number on the numeric keypad (to the right of the keyboard, not the numeric row on top).

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Agris Čaurs
on Apr 25, 2013 at 12:37:13 pm

Thankyou guys for your replies!

thanks Walter for reminding about Numpad!!

As for the white line - I figured out that I get white line when keyboard input language is set to my local language (Latvian). Apostrophe is used for special simbols. Strange that I don't get this line while outside After Effects. At least i found what it is.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]