ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Source Files XML?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jon SmithSource Files XML?
by on Apr 22, 2013 at 4:39:10 pm

I'm looking for a way to import all of my source footage into resolve with out having to collect the files. Is there a way to create an xml-like file of all my source files that I can use with resolve? I'm not worried about in and out points.

When you generate a collect files report it creates a list of all your source files with the paths. Maybe there's a way to convert that into something resolve could read.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Source Files XML?
by on Apr 22, 2013 at 6:41:11 pm

Is your NLE incapable of generating the appropriate XML file for your video media?

When you collect files in AE, it creates new copies of the files used in the project. They're all in one place. Perhaps I don't see why that would be such a big a disadvantage in Resolve.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Jon SmithRe: Source Files XML?
by on Apr 22, 2013 at 6:51:38 pm

All of the footage exists on a server. Ideally I would like to import all the source footage without having to duplicate it during the collecting process. We're dealing with terabytes of footage so it becomes a time and space killer.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Source Files XML?
by on Apr 23, 2013 at 2:46:18 am

I've not tried this specific workflow myself, but it should work: Export a Premiere Pro project from After Effects; open that in Premiere Pro; export that in FCP XML format; bring that into Resolve.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Jon SmithRe: Source Files XML?
by on Apr 23, 2013 at 3:06:44 am

That worked like a charm. The trick is to create a sequence with all the footage in Premiere before exporting the XML. Thanks Todd!

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Source Files XML?
by on Apr 23, 2013 at 3:07:14 am

Glad it worked.

Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]