ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Color shift when exporting ProRes 422

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt BurnsColor shift when exporting ProRes 422
by on Apr 17, 2013 at 8:54:32 pm

Hello,

when I export out a comp from AE CS6 that contains all GFX no video I get a color shift, what looks like a gamma shift. When I export out the comp as Animation the colors are the way they should be in FCP 7 but when I export out ProRes 422 everything gets darker. Any way to fix this.

Thanks Matt

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Color shift when exporting ProRes 422
by on Apr 18, 2013 at 6:35:18 am

Give us a bit more info- what are your settings: color space, 8,16 or 32 bit, color profile and AE version. Posting a couple of stills to illustrate the issue could help.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Matt BurnsRe: Color shift when exporting ProRes 422
by on Apr 18, 2013 at 6:47:25 pm

color space is 32bit, color profile is set to none and AE version is 11.0.2.

well looking at the QTs in finder the Animation and the ProRes 422 both look the same but when I bring them in to FCP 7 and put them on a ProRes 422 timeline the ProRes 422 timeline tuns the ProRes file darker but Animation QT is normal just like in AE, but when I put the Animation QT on a Animation timeline it turns the Animation QT darker just like the ProRes file and timeline.

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Color shift when exporting ProRes 422
by on Apr 19, 2013 at 7:52:12 am

Unfortunately QT has some issues displaying the color. I do not use FCP so I can't help you much there.
One thing I do is to make sure that when I render out of AE a 32 bit project I do not linearize the color space.
It seems to me that if you see the color as it should be in QT then it may be a FCP issue. Try using a Rec 709 color profile in AE.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]