ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Foundry Cameratracker with a shot going out of focus

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anwar Hoogland
Foundry Cameratracker with a shot going out of focus
on Apr 16, 2013 at 2:17:56 pm

I'm having issues with the cameratracker from the Foundry for my After effects 5.5
I have to shot that is slowly panning and at the end pulls focus into an object close to the camera.
I've tried to track this and create a scene with camera but the problems come when the background goes out of focus. When I look at the motionpath for the camera at that point it starts moving back and down in my case causing 3D object I place in the scene to pull away from their position.

So in short; Is it possible to get a good track from cameratracker with a shot that goes out of focus and can anyone point me towards a tut or something?

Return to posts index

Tom Daigon
Re: Foundry Cameratracker with a shot going out of focus
on Apr 16, 2013 at 4:15:43 pm

In my experience when a shot completely loses focus, camera trackers have no data to work with, thus rendering them unable to track at that point in time.

You might try tracking before and then tracking after the focus loss and somehow linking up those two comps.

Tom Daigon
PrP / After Effects Editor
HP Z820 Dual 2687
64GB ram
Dulce DQg2 16TB raid
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Apr 16, 2013 at 4:42:44 pm

The rack focus is most likely causing some of the tracks to slowly degrade as the background becomes blurry. This may happen so slowly that the tracker doesn't identify them as "bad." You might have to do some manual removal of tracks. There are a lot of features in CameraTracker that are specifically designed to help you identify poor tracks and remove them.

This may not entirely solve the problem in your case, but it's still good practice :)

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

kwaku nyantekyi
on May 5, 2013 at 7:13:20 pm

Try using the camera solver in Mocha. If you can manage to get a solid track on two planes you might get a usable camera out of it.

http://vimeo.com/user746361

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]