ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Tips on transitions between 2D and 3D posistions

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Stewart
Tips on transitions between 2D and 3D posistions
on Apr 16, 2013 at 9:28:09 am

I am about to start a project that involves a lot of jumping between 2D and 3D object positions. Can anybody give me some tips on how to go about working in this way.

My video will contain paper forms that I want to animate coming out of a envelope that is floating in 3D space and then I want the forms to be positioned full screen and flat to the the camera as if I had never ticked the make 3D box.

Cheers,
Jack

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Tips on transitions between 2D and 3D posistions
on Apr 16, 2013 at 12:56:50 pm

When you first create the 3D camera, objects are full screen and centered. When that is my goal, I just work backwards and set keyframes for the end position, rotation, orientation...then work to my start.

That being said, maybe you want to take a look at SureTarget-a free preset from Video Copilot. It easily animates from one 3D object to another and it's pretty easy make those objects appear full screen and flat.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Jack Stewart
Re: Tips on transitions between 2D and 3D posistions
on Apr 16, 2013 at 1:30:32 pm

Hey Thanks!

Working backwards seems like a good idea. I will take that into account.

I have just got into the sure target set up and I am finding that really useful. I especially like sure target 2 as that gives a lot more control and targets than the first version.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]