ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AI file converted to shape layer for extruding, won't maintain it's original color

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cristi Dinu
AI file converted to shape layer for extruding, won't maintain it's original color
on Apr 15, 2013 at 4:35:31 pm

Hello guys,

Basically the problem is mentioned in the title. I have two separate logos in the form of AI files which I've imported in After Effects for extruding via the Ray-trace engine.

I convert each one of them to shape layers in individual compositions but when I add a spot light, one layer maintains its original color (red) whereas the other one goes grey and takes the white from the spot light.

I'm using the same composition, material, geometry and light settings for both layers.

What should be the problem here? Each logo was designed by a different person in Illustrator, so could the problem come from a setting present there?

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: AI file converted to shape layer for extruding, won't maintain it's original color
on Apr 15, 2013 at 6:45:57 pm

Can you upload a screen grab with your composition settings open, even better would be to upload the AI files(last icon above) and perhaps someone here can take a quick look to see what the issue could be.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Cristi Dinu
Re: AI file converted to shape layer for extruding, won't maintain it's original color
on May 17, 2013 at 12:04:14 pm

Sorry for the delayed answer but I was pretty busy in this period and I had to put this project on hold.

I've attached both logos in the following links.

6021_wellaprosmallpms200.ai.zip

6022_gossip.ai.zip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]