ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Using the Adobe Wish Form to communicate desie for perpetual license Production Bundle

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom DaigonUsing the Adobe Wish Form to communicate desie for perpetual license Production Bundle
by on Apr 14, 2013 at 7:59:50 pm

Kevin M.(Adobe) was very helpful in suggesting we submit a "Wish Form" so Adobe knows what we want. I think thats really a great idea. Here is where you can send it.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Here is what I sent. Feel free to copy/paste it or send your own words .

*******Enhancement / FMR*********
Brief title for your desired feature:

Many of us loyal customers want an alternative choice to the Cloud. We would prefer the continuation of the perpetual license.

How would you like the feature to work?

The perpetual license would work in the same manner that it has for years. I buy the Production Bundle at full price. Every year I pay an upgrade price for the new version. If I decide not to upgrade I still have the ability to use my most current version as long as I need.

Why is this feature important to you?

It is important to me and other editors for many reasons. One primary one is access.Ownership allows use to continue using our tools and have access to our projects once we have purchased the product. Deactivation due to suspended payment would not interfere with this very important access.

Lots of folks express the strong desire NOT to be involved in the Cloud. They want a choice. Lack of choice could have dire consequences in terms of how a lot of editors will feel about Adobe.

We appreciate how well Adobe listens to our needs as editors. Now we will find out how well they listen to use as customers.

Tom Daigon
PrP / After Effects Editor
HP Z820 Dual 2687
64GB ram
Dulce DQg2 16TB raid
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com

Return to posts index

Tom DaigonTypo Fix - Using the Adobe Wish Form for perpetual license
by on Apr 15, 2013 at 1:40:31 pm

Kevin M.(Adobe) was very helpful in suggesting we submit a "Wish Form" so Adobe knows what we want. I think thats really a great idea. Here is where you can send it.

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

Here is what I sent. Feel free to copy/paste it or send your own words .

*******Enhancement / FMR*********
Brief title for your desired feature:

Many of us loyal customers want an alternative choice to the Cloud. We would prefer the continuation of the perpetual license.

How would you like the feature to work?

The perpetual license would work in the same manner that it has for years. I buy the Production Bundle at full price. Every year I pay an upgrade price for the new version. If I decide not to upgrade I still have the ability to use my most current version as long as I need.

Why is this feature important to you?

It is important to me and other editors for many reasons. One primary one is access.Ownership allows use to continue using our tools and have access to our projects once we have purchased the product. Deactivation due to suspended payment would interfere with this very important access.

Lots of folks express the strong desire NOT to be involved in the Cloud. They want a choice. Lack of choice could have dire consequences in terms of how a lot of editors will feel about Adobe.

We appreciate how well Adobe listens to our needs as editors. Now we will find out how well they listen to use as customers.

Tom Daigon
HP Z820 Dual 2687
64GB ram
Dulce DQg2 16TB raid

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Using the Adobe Wish Form to communicate desie for perpetual license Production Bundle
by on Apr 15, 2013 at 2:27:42 pm

This seems like a very constructive way to give feedback.

I'd propose we ask for three licensing options:

1. Perpetual licenses plus upgrades (as it was pre-Cloud)

2. Creative Cloud

3. Perpetual license plus maintenance subscription, a hybrid approach wherein you get updates and other Cloud benefits while your subscription is valid, and those updates stay with your perpetual license if you go off subscription. Coming back on subscription would carry an upgrade fee for recent customers and new license purchase for those who have not upgraded recently (as per current upgrade policy).

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Tom DaigonRe: Using the Adobe Wish Form to communicate desie for perpetual license Production Bundle
by on Apr 15, 2013 at 2:46:29 pm

I encourage you to submit your request. Mine was submitted yesterday.

Tom Daigon
HP Z820 Dual 2687
64GB ram
Dulce DQg2 16TB raid

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]