ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Issue with custom Spherical Fields repelence

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
André MacedoIssue with custom Spherical Fields repelence
by on Apr 13, 2013 at 4:41:29 pm

Hi All!

I am totally stuck with my workflow project.

Let me explain you better what my project is about. Its kind of a simple video mapping.
I have a white face mask, hanged on a wall i want to beam to. I am producing the video in after effect, and using particular.

I vectorized, the outline of the mask plus the eyes, resulting in in 3 closed strokes. I am already emiting particles (little dots) from both eyes, through layer emiter option. I aam using a emiter per eye - dots are spreding all over the face.
Now, i determined there would be 2 areas of the mask where i didnt want my particles to go. And this is my problem.

So, i have now 2 issues to resolve.

Tell these (ideally) custom bezier or bitmap shapes, wich right now are circular spherical fields to repel the particles emited.

Tell the outline stroke of my mask to repel the particles that — for this, i guess my outline stroke would have to be a Spherical Field itself.

I know Trapcode form, ha 2 spherical fields per emiter, and i can deform the spherical field, producing an elipse or similar.

If theres the need for me to change to form:
- Do i need to re-asign my emiters ?
- con i grab my 2 particular emiters, and connect them to my Form Spherical fields?

Thank you very much!!
André Macedo

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Issue with custom Spherical Fields repelence
by on Apr 16, 2013 at 3:43:09 pm

Unfortunately, I don't think you can do what you want with Particular or Form.

You may look into Newton [link], a 2D physics simulation system for After Effects.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved