ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Repeling particles — Questions about spherical field.

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
André Macedo
Repeling particles — Questions about spherical field.
on Apr 12, 2013 at 2:13:31 pm

Hi All!

So,
I am now in the middle of my project, where i am using, AE with Trapcode particular.

Basically i have a circle, and inside i have 2 particle emiters (imagine 2 eyes in the circle).

OBJECTIVES:
there are 2 areas of the circle where i dont want my particles to go. I also dont want them to go outside de circle outline.

Its like i want them to be repeled when going near these 2 areas, just want them not to be able to "enter" in those areas(not talking about bouncing).
Also to cease exist when they reach the outline circle.

- - - - -

So, to solve this ive been looking for options. and what ive come to so far was using, in particular, the spherical fields options.
I dont think this is the best option at all, maybe you know another..

1)
It seems i need to find exactly where my particles are in positioned in Z so the force field takes effect in my particles. Do you know why?

2)
Also, it seems i can only use 1 spherical field per emiter. Is this true?

3)
Apparently, the force field has a direct relation only with its emiter. But it the particles of the other emiter, will not be affected! How can i tell particular so that the the same spherical field affect both particle emitters?

Buff, i guess this is it — thank you for any help.
André Macedo

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: Repeling particles — Questions about spherical field.
on Apr 12, 2013 at 4:49:28 pm

[André Macedo] "1)
It seems i need to find exactly where my particles are in positioned in Z so the force field takes effect in my particles. Do you know why?

2)
Also, it seems i can only use 1 spherical field per emiter. Is this true?

3)
Apparently, the force field has a direct relation only with its emiter. But it the particles of the other emiter, will not be affected! How can i tell particular so that the the same spherical field affect both particle emitters?"

1) Sort of, the spherical field has a 3D position and radius. Particles outside of that radius will not be affected by it. You can use 'Visualize Fields' to see a representation of your Spherical Field. This should work in Top/Side/Custom Views as well.

2) This is true. That's just an inherent limitation in Particular. No way around it.

3) You cannot.

Trapcode's Form plugin does allow you to use 2 Spherical Fields. If you can manage to get the effect you're after with Form then I'd recommend using that instead. Unfortunately it's not clear whether that would be a total solution for your goal. Can you be more descriptive about what you're trying to achieve?

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

André Macedo
Re: Repeling particles — Questions about spherical field.
on Apr 12, 2013 at 5:20:36 pm

Hi Darbi, thank you for responding -

Ok, 1 spherical field per emiter.
and, Trapcode Form would allow me to use 2 spherical fields per emitter.

- - - - -

Let me explain you better what my project is about. Its kind of a simple video mapping.
I have a white face mask, hanged on a wall i want to beam to. I am producing the video in after effect, and using particular.
I vectorized the outline of the mask + both eyes, resulting in 3 closed vector strokes.
I am already emiting particles (little dots) from both eyes, through layer emiter.
I want these particles to spread along the whole face, with the exception of 2 areas of the mask where i didnt want my particles to go.
These 2 areas were too drawn in vector strokes, nothing very sketchy..

And this is what ive so far.
So, testing the spherical fields, i have came up with 2 issues to resolve:

A)
Tell these 2 areas, (ideally) custom bezier or bitmap shapes, wich right now are circular spherical fields to repel the particles emited.

B)
Tell the outline stroke of my mask to repel the particles that — for this, i guess my outline stroke would have to be a Spherical Field itself.

- - - - - - - -

If theres the need for me to change to FORM:
- Do i need to forget about particular, and re-asign my emiters ?
- If i can still use particular, can my 2 existent emiters, and "connect" them to Form Spherical fields?

Note: i have form 2.0.3, if i changed would i be able to do this with this version?

Thank you very much!!
André Macedo

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]