ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

green artifacts on output

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anhtu Vugreen artifacts on output
by on Apr 11, 2013 at 1:57:19 pm

I'm doing a simple pull up in AE and kept getting green block artifacts on rendered output.

1- Import original file done in AE on a PC (1920 x 1080, DnxHD 175 Mbits 8 bit, 24p)
2-Interpret as 23.976, put in a 16 bit Comp and render out as Prores 422

I've done the above lots of times but for some reason this file kept giving me random artifacts described above...any idea ??? Thx

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: green artifacts on output
by on Apr 11, 2013 at 3:25:57 pm

Let's try to figure out if the problem is DNxHD decode or ProRes encode. Do you get the same green artifacts if you render the same DNxHD source to a format other than ProRes?

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Dan ConradRe: green artifacts on output
by on Apr 11, 2013 at 6:24:31 pm

Try rendering out to Photo Jpeg at 75 or better and what are your results. Are you rendering out a composite or just the key with Alpha? You could try rendering out just a Luma matte. BTW, By PC do you mean Windows machine?
Twitter: @mographcandy

Return to posts index

Anhtu VuRe: green artifacts on output
by on Apr 11, 2013 at 9:49:16 pm

Thanks for the reply guys.

1-Yes, when i say PC i meant a Windows machine.

2- i will try outputting using a different Codec but i still need to find out a solution to this problem as i need to output in Prores.

3- I'm rending out the composite...i'm basically just dropping the QT file on a new Comp and render out, can't get any simpler than this.

Just for fun, i tried using the Adobe Media Encoder for 24p to 23.976 conversion using the same file and output codec setting and the quality is basically the same as the one done in AE but with much faster render and NO artifacts. Go figure!!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved