ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects doesn't recognize .vpe as an acceptable file to import

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Armistead
After Effects doesn't recognize .vpe as an acceptable file to import
on Apr 9, 2013 at 5:42:31 pm

Hey all,

I'm trying to create a camera move down a prison hallway from a Shutterstock image. I created the vanishing point data in Photoshop CS 5.5 (I dragged each plane from the previous plane so as to maintain 1 vanishing point) and exported for after effects.

The PNGs are where I saved everything as well as the .vpe file and .3ds file.

When I go to import into After Effects (CS 5.5) the .vpe file is grayed out. Selecting all files leaves me wondering which format to use.

I imported this successfully once before but was unhappy with the distances, as I had created my vanishing point data from the original image size (the camera needed to move over 100,000 pixels to traverse the hallway).

The only thing I've really done differently is resize the image to 1280x720(comp size) and created a few more planes to represent the second tier of cells jutting out over the 1st.

Is it possible I need to keep it to 6 planes or fewer?

lesarmistead@gmail.com
http://www.wix.com/Rotenbard/version-2

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: After Effects doesn't recognize .vpe as an acceptable file to import
on Apr 9, 2013 at 9:36:52 pm

How, exactly, are you trying to import the .vpe file? I.e., what is the exact menu command that you're trying to use?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

William Armistead
Re: After Effects doesn't recognize .vpe as an acceptable file to import
on Apr 10, 2013 at 1:56:25 pm

Doh! I was using the straight File>Import. Went back in and realized I should be using File>Import Vanishing Point(.vpe)

Thanks Todd, for helping with my obvious brain fart.

lesarmistead@gmail.com
http://www.wix.com/Rotenbard/version-2

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]