ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

problems with keylight

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrés Borghiproblems with keylight
by on Apr 8, 2013 at 10:11:54 pm

Hello!

I'm working on a movie that has a chroma in a window.
here's the file (I've obscured part of the image cause I can't show much of the movie. company policy!)

https://mega.co.nz/#!WIknnBQI!J0aSWiUWhIQqAslkLb4mEzqYtM8CN49vbH2NQRQuOkw

i've tried keylight and color key but I can't get a clean cut of the window. in part this is due to the constant lightnings but i always get some weird artifacts around the bars or the edges of the window. is there a way to get this done without masking the whole thing?

thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: problems with keylight
by on Apr 8, 2013 at 10:32:13 pm

Sorry, my firewall denies me access. however, if it is a window, you may have better luck using Mocha.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: problems with keylight
by on Apr 8, 2013 at 10:50:47 pm

I also can't see the image due to my firewall (you CAN use the image upload here on the COW!).

However, you should likely be able to pull a decent key using something like Keylight provided that your screen is well lit and the reflections are managed.

Hard to know for sure without seeing the issue.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Andrés BorghiRe: problems with keylight
by on Apr 9, 2013 at 1:22:56 am

thanks for the info! didn't know you could upload files here.

This is the video:

http://reels.creativecow.net/film/chroma-problem

This is how it looks when I try to "chroma it"

And these are the settings I'm using on keylight. You'll notice some artifacts around the bars.

http://f1.creativecow.net/file/5800/5800_keyligthborghi.ffx.zip

Return to posts index

chris brettRe: problems with keylight
by on Apr 9, 2013 at 8:26:49 am

hi -- if the keylight problems persist you can probably draw up a matt in PS and track it on.

I had a window once which would not key and I tracked the shot and pasted in a retouhed still of the whole window which worked fine though this may not work if the camera moves round much - the ligthning could be faked in the window area if you need to give it a try....

....... chris --

=======================================

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: problems with keylight
by on Apr 9, 2013 at 2:00:19 pm

It looks like there was some in-camera sharpening going on. That's a sure fire way to end up with some fringing in the key. I'm not sure that you'll really be able to get a great key out of the box on this one. I'd recommend trying to massage the edge, maybe with another key, some alpha blurring, matte adjustments.

Most importantly though, make sure there are no in camera sharpening filters on next time ;)

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]