ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Putting two projects into one video?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack GallPutting two projects into one video?
by on Apr 8, 2013 at 3:17:34 pm

i have one composition where i have made the top and bottom of an introduction.
My second composition is my title, it is not possible to make these together in one composition due to the angles i've had to aim the cameras at different angles to get what i need.

i have tried rendering into a big file sized 'lossless' format with a transparent background but after rendering them together the file which was originally rendered with the transparent background you can tell how low the quality has gone (it doesn't look HD anymore :()

i7 3770k 2tb 16ram

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Putting two projects into one video?
by on Apr 9, 2013 at 2:27:51 am

[Jack Gall] "i have tried rendering into a big file sized 'lossless' format with a transparent background but after rendering them together the file which was originally rendered with the transparent background you can tell how low the quality has gone (it doesn't look HD anymore :()"

Lossless is actually lossless (bit depth aside, for now). If you're rendering with best settings and the lossless output module, I promise you are not losing quality.

Can you please describe what exactly you are trying to do with these (specifically, how you intend to use the transparent background)? And maybe post a couple screenshots showing what you see as the problem? It will help us help you.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Paul StevensonRe: Putting two projects into one video?
by on Apr 9, 2013 at 10:09:04 am

It may not be possible to do in one composition, but can't you pre-comp them/add them to a third comp? That way you never have to leave AE until the final render.

I am just plucking that out of the air as I don't really understand what your asking. As Walter asks, some screenshots will help.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: Putting two projects into one video?
by on Apr 9, 2013 at 2:03:07 pm

[Jack Gall] "My second composition is my title, it is not possible to make these together in one composition due to the angles i've had to aim the cameras at different angles to get what i need."

It is possible to have multiple cameras in the same comp. The top-most visible camera ("Active View") is what gets rendered. If you have, for example, two camera layers, with one camera layer starting at frame 0 and continuing to the end of the comp, and another camera layer starting at frame 30 and continuing to the end of the comp, then there will be a cut from camera 1 to camera 2 at 30 frames into your animation.

That's not necessarily a best practice if the two items are really logically separate elements, but it is possible to do if you want to.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]