ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How come my sharp-edged text becomes jagged after rendered movie?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sebastian LeeHow come my sharp-edged text becomes jagged after rendered movie?
by on Apr 8, 2013 at 10:10:48 am

Okay so in the process of making the aforementioned movie, in one part there is a text, don't need to say what it is, just explaining tersely, looks sharp with the edges like a good vector text. However, my gaiety drops all a sudden after finding out that the text is not sharp at all and appears to have jagged edges when I've done rendering then watched it. :( you know that bad feeling you ever had when you did something nicely and break a sweat but then in the final outcome they turned out crap looking. To add, you also have to wait like hours for the rendering to finish. Why is it so? Basically what you see is NOT what you get. So is there a panacea to resolve this problem? Thousand thanks guys. I know you guys are expert so why not answer :D

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: How come my sharp-edged text becomes jagged after rendered movie?
by on Apr 8, 2013 at 2:06:22 pm

[Sebastian Lee] "Basically what you see is NOT what you get."

Are you rendering to a codec like MPEG-2 or H.264 that uses a low rate of chroma sampling? Is your text (or the background it's on) a very saturated color?

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Paul StevensonRe: How come my sharp-edged text becomes jagged after rendered movie?
by on Apr 8, 2013 at 3:24:33 pm

Is there something low res in the mix somewhere? Be it a comp before render or rendering it out at a lower res and then the player is up scaling it?

Are you GPU rendering? I haven't tried it in months, but the last time I did it didn't produce very crisp images.

A screen shot or two would also be handy.

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: How come my sharp-edged text becomes jagged after rendered movie?
by on Apr 9, 2013 at 2:36:09 am

[Paul Stevenson] "Are you GPU rendering? I haven't tried it in months, but the last time I did it didn't produce very crisp images."

Just a note on this -- CS5.5 and previous included a terrible OpenGL renderer that produced really hideous results and gave GPU rendering a bad name.

CS6 has done away with the old OpenGL renderer. Starting in CS6, GPU rendering (available for the new ray-traced renderer only) is computationally identical to CPU rendering.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Paul StevensonRe: How come my sharp-edged text becomes jagged after rendered movie?
by on Apr 9, 2013 at 10:18:46 am

Walter,

So I hear, I am yet to try it as I have only been on CS6 a few days and old habits die hard :D

Also the OP never actually mentioned what version he was on, so I thought it worth mentioning.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]