ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Emit particles from layer (a vector closed stroke), with trapcode

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
André MacedoEmit particles from layer (a vector closed stroke), with trapcode
by on Apr 6, 2013 at 10:09:12 pm

Hi!
Could you give me a hand here? Ive an issue stopping me from progress with my project. I have been trying for some days to solve, but without positive results.

I have a vector outline of an eye. Its a closed 1 pt. stroke that was drew in illustrator, and brought to AE. (please see image attached).

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/503161/teste/eye%20vector.jpg

I am using trapcode particular trying to achive my results.
What i want is to emit particles from this outline vector to the EXTERIOR (360 degrees)!

— I am able to assing the particle emitter to the stroke, but i cannot tell Trapcode to emit particles only to the exterior of the line! wich is what i need.

Thank you so much for the help!
André

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Emit particles from layer (a vector closed stroke), with trapcode
by on Apr 7, 2013 at 1:01:35 am

Make a precomp of your vector, add a stroke and then set your particular layer to use the precomp as a layer emitter.

Take a look at this example and see if it helps you out. 5792_layeremitter.aep.zip

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

André MacedoRe: Emit particles from layer (a vector closed stroke), with trapcode
by on Apr 8, 2013 at 11:18:38 am

Hi John!
Thank You very much for your attention.

I have been watching your example layer order and trying to understand its logics.
I think i understood the use of the expression, wich is to link the layer containing the shape in the precomp, with the link in the final comp, containing the mask (will give me the exact same vector stroke).

Also, i think i understood that the particule emiter is Alpha inverted matte, below a mask (copied with the expression above), so that only the exterior of shape is seen.

Thank You.

I have another question, related with the physics, in trapcode particular wich is:

Can i customize a shape to do what the spherical field does (physics>Air>Spherical Field)? My objective is now to create a custom shape, so that the particles dont go to certain parts of my comp.
I dont seem to have that option, and someone told me to use trapcode form — should i go in that direction?

Again, thank you very much for your time.
André

Return to posts index

Brian HigginsRe: Emit particles from layer (a vector closed stroke), with trapcode
by on Apr 29, 2014 at 1:45:50 pm

Hi Andre'

I am also trying to accomplish something similar, which is to emit spark like particles from an animated shape, either from the shape, or just from the outline using a stroke.

Were you successful with what you were trying in this thread, and can you provide some guidance, or a project file? the link for the example referenced in the thread did not work for me.

Thank you for any info

Brian

Return to posts index

André MacedoRe: Emit particles from layer (a vector closed stroke), with trapcode
by on Apr 29, 2014 at 2:34:35 pm

Hi Brian -

Regarding emitting particles from a stroke - I was successfull with the mr. john cuevas guidance, wich i am posting here, with the AE example plus what he wrote me at the time.

Make a precomp of your vector, add a stroke and then set your particular layer to use the precomp as a layer emitter.
Take a look at this example and see if it helps you out. 5792_layeremitter.aep.zip (the file i have attached - go to the "FINAL" tab inside this AE project)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/503161/amigos/ae%20friend/5792_layeremi...

I Hope this helps.
André

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]