ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Playback/Render Off by 1 frame, have to predict it

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeff Rouric
Playback/Render Off by 1 frame, have to predict it
on Apr 6, 2013 at 7:31:57 am

Hi, I've noticed something start happening in AE CS6. It seems that when I'm adding an effect to a layer or another layer to appear at a certain time, I set everything all right in the workspace, and everything is fine. But then I go to render, and it looks like said layer appears/leaves 1 frame earlier than it's supposed to. This happens no matter what codec I use to render. I've started just moving the effect/shape/layer by one frame to predict it. That's the only way it works. But it shouldn't be this way, what can I do?

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Playback/Render Off by 1 frame, have to predict it
on Apr 6, 2013 at 7:54:00 am

The work area out point is inclusive. Zoom in the work area and make sure the layer and out point are correct.

Return to posts index

Jeff Rouric
Re: Playback/Render Off by 1 frame, have to predict it
on Apr 6, 2013 at 8:10:16 pm

Hey Tero, thanks but I don't think that's the problem. I was tired and could barely explain it last night, so today I made this short video outlining the problem. The text is supposed to show up and disappear at EXACTLY the timecode it says, and it does when it's being played in the workspace, but it is off by a frame upon render.

And here is a pic of the workspace, maybe you see something...these are usually screen caps from Quicktime Player, maybe there's something wrong with those kinds of clips.

http://i.imgur.com/Ofahbrk.png

Thanks

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]