ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Motion Tracking Off Screen

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris ComleyMotion Tracking Off Screen
by on Apr 5, 2013 at 7:42:20 pm

I've been looking around, and through this site, found out that Mocha is what I want to use for motion tracking and it's been working wonders as of late.

But today, I have to motion track screen of a computer. The start of the video is a really closeup of the screen (all green), then it zooms out to reveal a father with his son in his lap. The father then reaches up and points at something on the screen.

I should mention that the bottom right corner of the screen is not visible at all due to the fathers hand covering it up. Mocha does a pretty good job tracking the screen, but as soon as the father brings his hand up to point at something, it tracks the hand instead of maintaining the measurements of the screen.

Is it somehow possible to lock one corner so it doesn't move while the rest do their thing?

Or does anyone else have a solution on how to track this?

Is it just un-trackable?

EDIT: I tried motion tracking his hand and then using it as a mask for the original tracker, but the hand is only in the frame for a few seconds (due to the zooming of the camera) and everytime I try to motion track it, it pops up and says "tracking was terminated early" or something along those lines.

Return to posts index

Roland R. KahlenbergRe: Motion Tracking Off Screen
by on Apr 5, 2013 at 8:00:15 pm

Checkout this thread -

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects ACE/ACI (version 7)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved