ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

query / precomp viewing using two comp viewers

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
chris brett
query / precomp viewing using two comp viewers
on Apr 4, 2013 at 4:29:52 pm

Hi

-- can anyone please assist with info to explain how to have 2 comp viewers up with main comp in one and a precomp in the other so that it is possible to adjust the precomp and see the result in the main edit.

Cheers --------------------- chris --

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: query / precomp viewing using two comp viewers
on Apr 4, 2013 at 4:49:29 pm

I think the easiest way is to select your comp window and press "cntl+shift+alt+N" this will open another viewer(LOCKED) side by side. Now in the unlocked viewer use the pulldown or mini flowchart to choose the precomp you would like to adjust, then get to work.

Course this is a easier on the eyes if you have a dual monitor setup.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

chris brett
on Apr 4, 2013 at 5:19:58 pm

thanks Jonny -- spot on

--- thinking of getting a second monitor anyway to display interlaced footage --- if you have any suggestions on that one as well I'd very much appreciate it - lower cost option preferred....

------------------ all the best -------chris --

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Apr 4, 2013 at 5:42:07 pm

Glad to help.

Can't help you on the monitor though. I just have a couple of Dell 25 inch monitors. Timeline, effect windows, presets on monitor 1 and just my comp window in full HD on Monitor 2. As 99% of what we do is 720p I don't worry about interlacing. For the price of decent graphics card and monitors, it's well worth it to me.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

chris brett
on Apr 4, 2013 at 5:57:25 pm

- thanks for this also Johnny - much appreciated -- chris --

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]