ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

AE Comp render from AE Project in AME via drag and drop?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex Udell
AE Comp render from AE Project in AME via drag and drop?
on Apr 4, 2013 at 2:00:38 pm

Hi Guys....

At our facility we straddle the line between using After Effects and Motion.

Along with mo grah and editorial, I also handle 100% of spot mastering and final Prep for file distribution.

I've been able to build a PHP application which can read Motion Project templates (XML text files) and write versions based on supplying a PATH string to the new source.

This makes making all the station specific versions from Source Master file pretty simple.

I know this should likely be able to be done with AE Project files as well....

The hang up we had before was using older versions of AE with AME to encode directly to distribution codecs without first rendering a Losless master from AE...

It looks like with CS 5.5 and newer....this should no longer be the case as I can choose AE comps directly via drag and drop of AE project files....

can anyone confirm this?

thanks....

Alex Udell
Editing, Motion Graphics, and Visual FX

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: AE Comp render from AE Project in AME via drag and drop?
on Apr 4, 2013 at 3:10:29 pm

Yes, you can drag and drop compositions from the After Effects Project panel to the AME encoding queue or you can choose the command from AME to add an After Effects composition.

In the next version of After Effects, there's a command in After Effects to send a composition to the AME encoding queue, right alongside the old command for sending to the render queue:
http://adobe.ly/XqOTlE

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Alex Udell
Re: AE Comp render from AE Project in AME via drag and drop?
on Apr 4, 2013 at 3:23:57 pm

Thanks Todd...

much appreciated...

:)

Alex

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]