ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Keyboard shortcut I can't seem to find: Switch from layer to composition window on a Mac

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Likosky
Keyboard shortcut I can't seem to find: Switch from layer to composition window on a Mac
on Apr 3, 2013 at 2:35:40 pm

I can't seem to find a keyboard shortcut to switch from the layer window to the basic Composition window. I'm sure it's something simple I must be missing but wondered if anyone knows it

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
Re: Keyboard shortcut I can't seem to find: Switch from layer to composition window on a Mac
on Apr 3, 2013 at 4:27:43 pm

[Mark Likosky] "I can't seem to find a keyboard shortcut to switch from the layer window to the basic Composition window. I'm sure it's something simple I must be missing but wondered if anyone knows it"

If by "layer window" you mean the timeline, you can use the backslash key to toggle between the timeline and the composition viewer.

If by "layer window" you mean the "Layer viewer" panel, you can use Shift-Alt-Period or Shift-Alt-Comma to cycle among viewer tabs in the same pane.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: Keyboard shortcut I can't seem to find: Switch from layer to composition window on a Mac
on Apr 3, 2013 at 4:30:26 pm

All of the shortcuts are here.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Apr 3, 2013 at 5:21:14 pm

Todd points you to the authoritative resource for keyboard shortcuts. However, AE has so many shortcuts that it is difficult for one person to memorize all of them. Thus, the list.

Even then, you need to know the circumstance -- layer, comp, project, preview, etc. -- under which to look to refine your search and enhance the probability that you will find the appropriate keyboard shortcut... or even that it exists at all.

AE is a complicated application. It demands a lot of work on your part. But the benefits are multitude.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]