ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Ray Trace Mode, Render shadows onto Particular particles - workaround?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brian NishiiRay Trace Mode, Render shadows onto Particular particles - workaround?
by on Apr 2, 2013 at 7:39:46 pm

I've seen many discussions on how to fake casting shadows from Particular particles, but my question involves how to fake particles to accept shadows.

I have a grassy field made from Particular and CC Hair (courtesy AE Freemart), and some text sitting in the field with a light shining on it. When I'm in Classic 3D mode, I can get shadows from the text to "appear" on the floor by casting onto a white floor that matches the particular field set to blend with multiply:

Now I want to extrude the text beautifully in Ray-Traced mode, but lose blending modes because of it:

Anybody have any good ideas?

Thanks in advance!

Brian

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Ray Trace Mode, Render shadows onto Particular particles - workaround?
by on Apr 3, 2013 at 5:59:18 pm

Layers have a new Accepts Shadows: Only option in CS6. This is the only way to make this setup work in the Ray-traced Renderer.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Brian NishiiRe: Ray Trace Mode, Render shadows onto Particular particles - workaround?
by on Apr 3, 2013 at 10:19:36 pm

Perfect!
I had to ctrl-click the parameter to get it to move into "only" on Accepts Shadows.

Thank you so much!

Brian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]