ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

background render

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tylor Larsonbackground render
by on Apr 2, 2013 at 6:34:07 pm

i havent upgraded to cs6... currently I'm using cs5.5 and Background render pro script for AE. once i upgrade will i still need to use this plugin or should i start to use media encoder? does any one know if they are planning to update this script or is it pointless?

Ty

Return to posts index

Walter SoykaRe: background render
by on Apr 2, 2013 at 6:52:12 pm

[Tylor Larson] "i havent upgraded to cs6... currently I'm using cs5.5 and Background render pro script for AE. once i upgrade will i still need to use this plugin or should i start to use media encoder? does any one know if they are planning to update this script or is it pointless?"

See the BG Renderer comments [link] -- some folks are using it with CS6.

Background exporting via Adobe Media Encoder is a pretty nice workflow (but of course it lacks the notification options that BG Renderer Pro has). One major caveat is that exporting with AME does not use multiprocessing.

New in CS6 is the global performance cache, which includes a totally overhauled disk cache system. You now have the option to cache compositions in the background [link] while you continue work elsewhere in the project; this can really speed up output.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

Tylor LarsonRe: background render
by on Apr 2, 2013 at 7:05:57 pm

cool, thanks for the links...... i really love BKG Render Pro... being able to fire up a render in the background and then reopen after effect is key to and upcoming project.

Ty

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]