ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

After Effects Stock Content

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Shepard
After Effects Stock Content
on Apr 2, 2013 at 12:55:46 am

I am currently experimenting with After Effects CS6, I am pretty fluent in Apple Motion, but want to switch the After Effects and Adobe products in general. One big question that I feel the trial software doesn't really answer for me is this:

Does After Effects come with stock content like Motion does? One of the convenient things about Motion is the stock content is comes with. Things like prerendered clips, replicators/generators, and just an overall wealth of material.

Does After Effects come standard with anything along those lines? While I typically create most of my stuff from scratch, having the stock content saves time when time is short. It also adds a substantial value to the overall package.

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: After Effects Stock Content
on Apr 2, 2013 at 6:23:02 am

After Effects comes with a few hundred animation presets, and you can download more from the After Effects Exchange website. You can also download template projects from the same place, plus some extras for the ray-traced 3D renderer.

links:

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2012/05/free-after-effects-template-pro...

http://blogs.adobe.com/aftereffects/2012/05/free-3d-material-options-projec...

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/exchange/index.cfm?event=extensionDetail&loc=e...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
on Apr 2, 2013 at 6:25:16 am

I am not that familiar with Motion so I can't compare them, but I know AE quite well. The thing that sets this package apart is the wealth of third party plugins, free and paid preset projects, and exceedingly numerous tutorials that you can find on almost anything. The package itself comes with a series of preset animations for text and other and the Adobe website has quite a few useful links to presets, but the real wealth is found in websites like the COW, aetuts+, videocopilot, allbetsareoff and many others. I would say that the AE community provides a ecosystem bigger than any other similar package.

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Walter Soyka
on Apr 2, 2013 at 3:50:50 pm

[Ryan Shepard] "Does After Effects come with stock content like Motion does? One of the convenient things about Motion is the stock content is comes with. Things like prerendered clips, replicators/generators, and just an overall wealth of material."

To expand on Todd and Tudor's points, I'd say that the stuff that comes with Ae -- and the stuff that is freely available -- is a bit different than what comes with Motion.

I'd say there's a bit less emphasis on the Ae world on pre-produced material out-of-the-box, and a bit more emphasis on providing the tools you need to make what you want as well as presets to start from.

Walter Soyka
Principal & Designer at Keen Live
Motion Graphics, Widescreen Events, Presentation Design, and Consulting
RenderBreak Blog - What I'm thinking when my workstation's thinking
Creative Cow Forum Host: Live & Stage Events

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]