ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Reposition anchor point to center of frame

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yaya LeoneReposition anchor point to center of frame
by on Apr 1, 2013 at 3:46:28 pm

I am trying to find a script or technique that would allow the repositioning of a layer anchor point, or ideally the anchor points of multiple selected layers, to the center of the composition / frame.
What I am trying to achieve is to move 3D layers' Z positioning while maintaining their relative position to the frame.

I am using an expression that maintains the relative size of layer when changing the Z position, though since I am working with layers of different sizes and in different positions, the layers' relative XY position moves once the Z position is changing, even though the size remains the same.

Currently in order to achieve that I am placing horizontal and vertical guides at the center of the frame and using the Pan Behind tool to snap to the center - that keeps the layer in place when I move it through the Z space. As I am working with a large number of layers, it would be great to have a script / expression that will set that for all the layers. Anyone?

Many thanks,

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Reposition anchor point to center of frame
by on Apr 1, 2013 at 4:40:01 pm

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved