ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Growing Tree Vector Alternative?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nicholas FelicianoGrowing Tree Vector Alternative?
by on Apr 1, 2013 at 7:58:31 am

I've been working on animating a tree growing that I previously made in Illustrator. I've posted a video of the effect I've been working on. It was done by using the "write-on" effect to reveal branches of the tree. Each branch is a vector on a separate layer with an individual write-on effect added. The problem I've now run into is when I pre-compose this and try working with it later in another composition, the brush paths and sizes of the write-on effects don't adapt along with the scale and position.

I like the effect I have done but I need to be able to work with the tree as a vector as I'm going to use it in 3D space and zoom in / pan if needed. I was just wondering if anyone has a simpilar way of getting the effect I have done with the tree. All I want to do is just reveal the branches and be able to precompose the animation and use it as a vector in another composition. I'm almost certain there must be an easier way of doing this.

Thanks in advance,

Return to posts index

Joseph W. BourkeRe: Growing Tree Vector Alternative?
by on Apr 1, 2013 at 2:22:43 pm

Try having the Constant Rasterization turned on in the 3D space. Also try Collapse Transformations.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved