ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Element 3d with Particular

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Shashank HollaElement 3d with Particular
by on Mar 31, 2013 at 8:52:06 am

Hi,

I want to place an element 3d object in z-space and I want particular cloudes to fly like in the Harry Potter movie's WB intros. But the problem is the clouds are formed in the middle of the world too. If i put a mask it is not working on particular. Help

Return to posts index

Tudor "Ted" JelescuRe: Element 3d with Particular
by on Mar 31, 2013 at 1:48:12 pm

Not sure I understand your issue. The Particular layer should be a 2d layer on top of all your other layers. The plugin matches the 3d space of the particle system with the AE one. Not sure what you mean by
"the clouds are formed in the middle of the world too"? You can position your emitter where ever you want. As far as having an object in between particles, use a depth map. I think this may be of use:

http://labs.vectorform.com/2012/08/3d-depth-compositing-with-trapcode-parti...

Tudor "Ted" Jelescu
Senior VFX Artist

Return to posts index

Tom DaigonRe: Element 3d with Particular
by on Mar 31, 2013 at 1:49:18 pm

Im not familiar with this open, but check out the newest update to Element which is 1.6. It had 3D matting capabilities (World Position Pass) that just might solve your problem.

https://www.videocopilot.net/products/element/

Tom Daigon
PrP / After Effects Editor
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com

(Best viewed at 1080P and full screen)
HP Z820 Dual 2687
64GB ram
Dulce DQg2 16TB raid

Return to posts index

Shashank HollaRe: Element 3d with Particular
by on Apr 1, 2013 at 10:35:55 am

Hey.. Thanks.. is there anyway to extract depth pass from particular?
And I want the clouds to be all over the place, except in the center of the world where my element 3d object is flying.

Return to posts index

Cassius MarquesRe: Element 3d with Particular
by on Apr 1, 2013 at 9:55:11 pm

[Shashank Holla] "is there anyway to extract depth pass from particular?"

You should go the other way around... use the matte capabilities of element 3d. But if you can't manage with the inverse. You can try to pull out a matte from particular using lights with a full white particle and enabling it's shading option (luma matte). Or using a null to drive the far and near vanish values within visibility.

There is no built in function as I know of.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 2, 2013 at 7:00:43 am

Hi. thanks for that..
Know I have another issue which I am facing. As in this picture, even though the element 3d object is nearer to the camera and the clouds like untitled1.png behind the element in z space, when I go to the front view like this, untitled.png the element is not obstructing the clouds.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 2, 2013 at 1:32:20 pm

It could be more than one reason. Are you using a matte? from what? Do you see this happening only in front view, or with a camera viewing from the front?

Return to posts index

by on Apr 3, 2013 at 6:12:02 am

No I am not using any matte. I am viewing the front view from the Camera which I created

Return to posts index

by on Apr 3, 2013 at 11:51:25 am

If you're not using a matte, theres no interaction between them. What you're seeing is just the layer order in the timeline, your particular layer is above the element layer. If you put it bellow, Element 3d will ALLWAYS be on top.

You have to understand that this plugins act as if they were 3d, but in AE's 3d space they are treated as 2d layers.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 4, 2013 at 3:54:08 am

Thanks mate, I understood. I will use the timeline.
Thanks for all the help. !

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]