ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Stroke on path not moving exactly with camera move...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam Maurer
Stroke on path not moving exactly with camera move...
on Mar 29, 2013 at 12:04:40 am

Hi y'all,

So, there is something weird going on with a solid that I have (with the stroke effect applied to a path)...

Video reference: (password: test)
https://vimeo.com/62908257

As you can see, during the camera move, the stroke/solid (the purple one over white at bottom) IS JUST SLIGHTLY tweaked-out during the 180 degree camera move and is definitely noticeable that it is a teeny bit off. It looks like it is just crooked for one frame.

Nothing about the solid is moving or keyframed-- just a camera movement. Motion blur is on.

Does anyone have a fix or a reason this is happening?

Many thanks,
Adam

--
Adam Maurer
Director & Editor
"A Place In The World"
https://vimeo.com/31798296

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Stroke on path not moving exactly with camera move...
on Mar 29, 2013 at 1:25:46 am

I can't tell from the video why that's happening. If you want you could upload the project file here and I'd take a look. It's the last icon above---be sure to copy the link you get after uploading into your reply. Since that's just text & solids, don't worry about uploading any assets---the project file should be sufficient to figure out the problem.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Adam Maurer
on Mar 29, 2013 at 9:14:00 pm

John,

Thanks for taking a look at it!

Here's the project file: 5741_diagnosisofstrokemove.aep.zip

--
Adam Maurer
Director & Editor
"A Place In The World"

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Mar 30, 2013 at 12:39:16 am

I was able to fix it and figured out the cause of the problem, though I don't completely understand the reason. I noticed that the only layer that didn't have a motion blur was your Solid line, By turning off continuous rasterize, the layer would motion blur, but the stroke would get way too big(cause you'd scaled it up to 891%. So I just unlinked your scale and set the vertical scale of 100%, while leaving the horizontal at 891.

I'm not exactly sure why continuous rasterize changes not only the render order(puts the transform before the effect) but disables motion blur, but that was the cause of the issue. You are going to have to find someone a lot smarter than me to explain the exact reason why this happened, but I think you should be set to move forward on the project.

5743_diagnosisofstrokemovenewcs5.aep.zip

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Adam Maurer
on Mar 31, 2013 at 12:03:13 am

Many thanks John!

Yeah that is strange that it would change the render order.

Much appreciated,
Adam

--
Adam Maurer
Director & Editor
"A Place In The World"

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]