ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Per Character Text Bounce

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ash CurkpatrickPer Character Text Bounce
by on Mar 28, 2013 at 12:00:31 am

Hi, I was wondering if someone could help me out. I'm looking to creating a bouncing effect with the scale on each character within the text and I don't want it to be randomized. I can create something close to what I'm after by adding two 'animators' to the text with differing scales - but you don't get any easing.

I don't know if that makes sense at all - but if anyone can help me out or point me in the right direction, I would be extremely thankful.

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Per Character Text Bounce
by on Mar 28, 2013 at 1:17:39 am

It sounds what you are trying to do is overshoot, if I'm not mistaken. In a previous thread I made a little project doing that. Take a look and see if that helps. Also if you look up the term overshoot you will probably find more of what examples and answers for what you are trying to do.

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/2/1031314

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Ridley WalkerRe: Per Character Text Bounce
by on Mar 28, 2013 at 1:44:31 pm

You might try this preset which uses expressions and sliders to control the speed, decay etc. Though it initially applies position, scale and rotation animators, the preset can be modified to suit any text animator. Just delete position and scale in Animator 1 and tweak the controls to your satisfaction.

http://mattrunks.com/en/tutorials/after-effects/amortype

Return to posts index

Ash CurkpatrickRe: Per Character Text Bounce
by on Apr 1, 2013 at 10:11:21 pm

Awesome! That's fantastic. Exactly what I'm after. Thank you so much.

Return to posts index

Ash CurkpatrickRe: Per Character Text Bounce
by on Apr 1, 2013 at 10:11:52 pm

Thank you. This was also quite helpful.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]