ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Resizing 1080P for DVD when exporting

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Cody WaltersResizing 1080P for DVD when exporting
by on Mar 27, 2013 at 1:44:42 pm

I am taking 1920 by 1080 footage and creating a motion menu inside AE. When I export the video using the MPEG-DVD setting, the 1080P footage is automatically resized to fit the 720x480 frame. Is there a setting I can choose to tell AE to fill the 720x480 frame? As the preset is now, I get the small black bars on either side of the frame. In Premiere's export options you can choose Scale to frame size. Is there something similar for AE?

Thanks,

Cody Walters
Houston Video Production
Houston Wedding Videographer

Final Cut Studio 3
Adobe CS6 Master Suite
Panasonic HVX-200
Canon 7D, 60D

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Resizing 1080P for DVD when exporting
by on Mar 27, 2013 at 2:01:11 pm

I see two things here.

First, in what application are you seeing the pillarboxing? If it's the DVD authoring software, have you specified that you're making a 16x9 DVD? If you didn't, many applications assume 4x3, and that's what you're seeing.

Second, don't use AE to render out MPEG files. Open the AE project in Adobe Media Encoder, navigate to the desired comp and do the compression with AME... and don't forget to set up the AME compression for 16x9 video.

AE does a substandard job of making MPEG video.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Cody WaltersRe: Resizing 1080P for DVD when exporting
by on Mar 27, 2013 at 2:52:12 pm

Dave,

Thanks for your insight. I didn't think of using AME to render AE comps. I'm running through AME with my custom preset and everything looks great.

I did have AE encoding a 16x9 DVD, however the check box for locking a 4:3 aspect ratio was checked. This may have been the issue for the small pillars on either side.

Thanks for the help.

Cody Walters
Houston Video Production
Houston Wedding Videographer

Final Cut Studio 3
Adobe CS6 Master Suite
Panasonic HVX-200
Canon 7D, 60D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]