ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Images flickering when in Illustrator

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alistair GallopImages flickering when in Illustrator
by on Mar 27, 2013 at 10:34:28 am

Hi everyone,

Bit of a weird question, I have placed jpegs / pngs in an illustrator file and then imported the ai. file into after effects.

When I start to use 3d and animate a camera, these jpegs / pngs start to flicker. I know that I should probably import the images directly into After Effects but I find moving / re-sizing images to be a lot harder to be accurate in AE.

Any ideas how I can make this work? Cheers

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Images flickering when in Illustrator
by on Mar 27, 2013 at 2:02:44 pm

[Alistair Gallop] " I know that I should probably import the images directly into After Effects but I find moving / re-sizing images to be a lot harder to be accurate in AE. "

Bite the bullet: don't use Illustrator as a way to scale bitmapped images.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Alistair GallopRe: Images flickering when in Illustrator
by on Mar 27, 2013 at 2:45:42 pm

Ok thats fair enough, I guess I am just looking for more efficient ways to do things.

Any tips on making it easier in AE to adjust images? When I am zoomed in quite far when editing its very pixelated and therefore makes it pretty hard to be accurate when aligning bits etc...

Cheers

Ali

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Images flickering when in Illustrator
by on Mar 27, 2013 at 3:38:20 pm

For critical alignment, I don't have any problem just highlighting the layer in the timeline, then using the cursor right, left, up & down keys.

When zoomed to 100% the layer moves one pixel. At 200% it moves a half-pixel. At 400%, a quarter pixel. And so on.

How to juggle moving the layer critically while you get the scale right? It takes time.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]