ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Images flickering when in Illustrator

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alistair Gallop
Images flickering when in Illustrator
on Mar 27, 2013 at 10:34:28 am

Hi everyone,

Bit of a weird question, I have placed jpegs / pngs in an illustrator file and then imported the ai. file into after effects.

When I start to use 3d and animate a camera, these jpegs / pngs start to flicker. I know that I should probably import the images directly into After Effects but I find moving / re-sizing images to be a lot harder to be accurate in AE.

Any ideas how I can make this work? Cheers

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
Re: Images flickering when in Illustrator
on Mar 27, 2013 at 2:02:44 pm

[Alistair Gallop] " I know that I should probably import the images directly into After Effects but I find moving / re-sizing images to be a lot harder to be accurate in AE. "

Bite the bullet: don't use Illustrator as a way to scale bitmapped images.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Alistair Gallop
on Mar 27, 2013 at 2:45:42 pm

Ok thats fair enough, I guess I am just looking for more efficient ways to do things.

Any tips on making it easier in AE to adjust images? When I am zoomed in quite far when editing its very pixelated and therefore makes it pretty hard to be accurate when aligning bits etc...

Cheers

Ali

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 27, 2013 at 3:38:20 pm

For critical alignment, I don't have any problem just highlighting the layer in the timeline, then using the cursor right, left, up & down keys.

When zoomed to 100% the layer moves one pixel. At 200% it moves a half-pixel. At 400%, a quarter pixel. And so on.

How to juggle moving the layer critically while you get the scale right? It takes time.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]