ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Chroma Footage over Normal footage, CONFUSED! Any advice?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ole BendzChroma Footage over Normal footage, CONFUSED! Any advice?
by on Mar 25, 2013 at 11:58:52 pm

Okay, so I'm trying to add a clip of a soldier I keylighted (Blue Screened) in After Effects and add this soldier to my panning footage. Yet there is an issue. I'll give an explanation to the best of my ability, because I don't really know how to word this.

The piece of footage I am using (not the Chroma Keyed) is precisely 15 seconds long and pans across a field.

The chroma keyed footage is a birds eye view of a soldier running away from something.

However, he is not due to actually be in the sequence until 6 seconds in; but I can't for the love of god find a way of doing this. I've looked at Camera Tracking, Track Motion, everything and I'm not greatly experienced in After Effects (had it for years, but never got round to using it until recently), so this is driving me insane. If anyone can guide me in what I need to do or point me to a tutorial that can that would be great! But seriously, i've looked over hundreds of tutorials, but without knowing what I need to do, it's hard to word it in such a way to find a tutorial that fits or works :/

Thanks in advanced!

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Chroma Footage over Normal footage, CONFUSED! Any advice?
by on Mar 26, 2013 at 3:40:06 am

[Ole Bendz] "However, he is not due to actually be in the sequence until 6 seconds in; but I can't for the love of god find a way of doing this."

It sounds like you want to track the background panning shot (2D track or camera track may work) and then attach (2D) or place (camera track) your keyed footage into the shot where it will be visible beginning at 6 seconds.

Can you give more detail if that's not what you're trying to do? Perhaps post some pictures?

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]