<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Philippe GosselinMasking issue
by on Mar 22, 2013 at 6:43:52 pm

Hi all,

Ok so here are 3 screenshots, i'll try to be as clear as possible

1_01.jpg

0_02.jpg

03.jpg

As you can see in 03 I am masking the picture so that the titles can appear behind it.

Problem is that I don't need the mask until very late in the animation, as you can see the mask is obstructing the view as shown in 02.

I can't grasp the logic of what needs to be done.

Thanks for your input

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Masking issue
by on Mar 22, 2013 at 7:17:49 pm

Open up the mask properties and keyframe the mask opacity so it doesn't turn on until you need it.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Philippe GosselinRe: Masking issue
by on Mar 22, 2013 at 7:58:53 pm

of course...OF COURSE!!!

Logically speaking that should do the trick

but

Here's what's happening

04.jpg

???

Return to posts index

by on Mar 22, 2013 at 8:33:28 pm

I think I understand what you are trying to accomplish and there are a number of ways you can do it. I used a 2 masks a subtract(mask 1) and an Add(mask 2). Mask 2 is what I believe you want your final be, while Mask 1 shows you everything until you want to see the text.

Take a look at this little example project and see if it is what you are after: 5708_maskscs5.5.aep.zip

sorry about the mask advice in the first post, brain fart here...i'm tired.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Masking issue
by on Mar 22, 2013 at 10:01:08 pm

My guess is that you want 2 masks on your layer. Keep the current mask and add a new rectangular mask that encompasses the entire layer.

The easiest way to add a layer-sized rectangular mask is to double click the rectangular mask tool in the tool bar with the layer selected (make sure you don't have your current mask selected though or it will replace the mask shape).

Once you have these 2 masks you'll want to animate the mask opacity of the rectangular layer sized mask instead of the opacity of your original mask (leave that one at 100%).

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Masking issue
by on Mar 22, 2013 at 8:16:20 pm

Philippe

If you bring down the mask opacity to 0 %, It will not bring the opacity of the area covered in the mask to 0 % too. That what you are suffering from. This should be done in another way.

Create a white solid using Pen Tool. Then use this solid as alpha matte or alpha inert matte(as required) for the Footage and animate the Opacity of White Solid.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

Philippe GosselinRe: Masking issue
by on Mar 22, 2013 at 10:51:55 pm

@John : Couldn't open your AEP

@Darby : Thanks, that did it !!!

Return to posts index

by on Mar 23, 2013 at 1:11:11 am

I should of explained it better, what Darby said was what I did in my project. Glad Darby was able to communicate the idea to you.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]