ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

keyboard shortcut for snapping playhead to the end of a layer?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Garske
keyboard shortcut for snapping playhead to the end of a layer?
on Mar 22, 2013 at 3:57:32 pm

In Premiere you can press the up arrow to snap the play head to the ends of a clip. Is there a way to snap to the edges of a layer in After Effects using the keyboard? Thanks in advance for your time and knowledge. I've been searching but can't seem to find this anywhere.

Return to posts index

John H
Re: keyboard shortcut for snapping playhead to the end of a layer?
on Mar 22, 2013 at 4:16:14 pm

You select the clip you want to go to the end of and just hit the letter "o". "i" will go to the in point. I am not aware of a down arrow type of keyboard short cut.

It might also be helpful to know that "j" goes to previous keyframe and "k" goest the next keyframe. (The keyframes do have to be visible.)

Return to posts index

Michael Garske
on Mar 22, 2013 at 7:30:00 pm

Wow, I should have been able to find that! Thanks that's a big help.

Return to posts index

Rob Frese
on Jun 26, 2014 at 4:36:42 pm

There is, but I'm not positive if it's mapped for you to you have to map it yourself (I've changed so many keyboard shortcuts I forget what's default and what's not).

It might be default mapped to Ctrl+Alt+Shift+RightArrow / LeftArrow.

Either way, if you want to map it yourself, search for TimeJumpToNextInOut and TimeJumpToPrevInOut in the keyboard shortcuts text file and map it accordingly (there are explanations of how to do this elsewhere but word of advice BACK UP YOUR SHORTCUTS FILE BEFORE YOU DO IT, this goes double if you've already created some custom keyboard shortcuts).

(know it's an old question but I felt it's worth an answer)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]