ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Image Jitter in After Effects

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris ComleyImage Jitter in After Effects
by on Mar 21, 2013 at 8:19:47 pm

Ok so I'm working with a fake 3d model of a computer. What I mean by fake is, it's a shape layer with some effects, layered on top of a duplicate shape layer over and over and over to give it a little depth to it.

I'm nesting that 3d computer layer comp into my main comp.

In the original "3d computer layer comp", I put a still image of our website so it looks like the computer has a screen.

Then in the main comp, I'm animating my camera in 3D space, and whenever the camera zooms into the computer, there are 3 frames where the still image of our website pops in front of the computer shape layers.

I've tried everything from turning on all motion blur to completely deleting the camera and remaking it.

What's happening here?

Screen shots for clarification.

Ignore the website going off the sides of the computer, it was just for testing purposes

1st image showing how the webpage should look in the computer..
5698_1st.png.zip

2nd image showing how it looks in the next three frames...
5699_2nd.png.zip

3rd image showing how it pops back in place after those previous three frames...
5700_3rd.png.zip

Return to posts index

Doyle LewisRe: Image Jitter in After Effects
by on Mar 21, 2013 at 8:59:22 pm

Did you take a look at your screen Position and Anchor Point key frames. It looks like a stray key frame rather than a glitch. It also doesn't look like the problem is with the camera.

Doyle Lewis, Assistant Videographer

thinkck.com

Return to posts index

Chris ComleyRe: Image Jitter in After Effects
by on Mar 21, 2013 at 9:13:43 pm

[Doyle Lewis] "Did you take a look at your screen Position and Anchor Point key frames. It looks like a stray key frame rather than a glitch. It also doesn't look like the problem is with the camera.

Doyle Lewis, Assistant Videographer

thinkck.com"

Hey Lewis, thanks for responding.

Sadly, yes, I've checked all my key frames on every layer that I have in all comps, nothing else in the project has any keyframes other then the camera and the null object that is moving the camera.

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Image Jitter in After Effects
by on Mar 22, 2013 at 5:27:36 pm

You could solve this with a nested 2D comp of the computer screen and the screen grab. Then they're married together, and you can place it in your in your 3D computer layer comp using it as another 3D layer.

It ought to do the trick.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

Chris ComleyRe: Image Jitter in After Effects
by on Mar 22, 2013 at 5:33:07 pm

I actually just figured out what was causing the issue 2 minutes ago. For some reason it was jittering because I had Depth of Field turned on in the camera options. As soon as I turned it off, it stopped doing that. I'm going to just take the depth of field with a slight gaussian blur on an adjustment layer. I will try you're suggestion though. See if it works. Thanks for the advice!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]