ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Fastest way to render out rotoscoped footage?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Johnny OpamoFastest way to render out rotoscoped footage?
by on Mar 19, 2013 at 5:53:09 pm

Hi,

I have a 1 minute rotoscope clip with an alpha layer on the bottom. I'd like to render it out so I can use it in Sony Vegas but it's taking over 280 HOURS to render which is outrageous. Is there a fast way I can render this out to a more realistic time. It's my college coursework and is due in soon.

Is there anyway I can export the project file from After Effects to Premiere Pro whilst still maintaining the rotoscoped effect?

I just am really out of my depth here and no forums or tutorials seem to have this answer and I feel like I'm the only one with this problem. 280 hours? seriously? I've tried 3 different computers including an iMac.

Return to posts index

Zac WaxmanRe: Fastest way to render out rotoscoped footage?
by on Mar 19, 2013 at 7:02:18 pm

Hey,

What are you current render settings that say it'll take 280hrs? And what's the spec of your computer?

Zac Waxman

Junior Motion Graphics Designer

Return to posts index

Tom DaigonRe: Fastest way to render out rotoscoped footage?
by on Mar 19, 2013 at 7:41:39 pm

Why did you start another thread when you already had one going about this same issue?

There is lots of helpful input there that you didnt respond to.

Tom Daigon
PrP / After Effects Editor
http://www.hdshotsandcuts.com

(Best viewed at 1080P and full screen)
HP Z820 Dual 2687
64GB ram
Dulce DQg2 16TB raid

Return to posts index

Dave LaRondeRe: Fastest way to render out rotoscoped footage?
by on Mar 19, 2013 at 8:13:49 pm

[Johnny Opamo] "I have a 1 minute rotoscope clip with an alpha layer on the bottom."

Whoa! What does THAT mean?
You don't make alpha layers in AE, you simply make sure your AE comp has transparency in it (switch to the familiar Photoshop checkerboard background in the comp window). Then set up the AE Render Queue, render your comp with RGB+Alpha, Millions (or trillions) Of Colors+, Straight (not Premultiplied) and in a codec that supports alpha channels.

[Johnny Opamo] "280 hours? seriously? "
If you're trying to use Ray Tracing without the right card, you bet! Kill the Ray Tracing and life gets better.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]