ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

How to stop the two-tone, dark yellow bar?

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ian Rosaaen
How to stop the two-tone, dark yellow bar?
on Mar 19, 2013 at 5:09:04 pm

I'm trying to move around on the time-line, but AE wants to render (?) whenever I try to move around. I have to wait and wait for it to stop before I can get anything done. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've attached an image of the bar. Thank you.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: How to stop the two-tone, dark yellow bar?
on Mar 19, 2013 at 5:20:11 pm

Unless I miss my guess, that bar is the render current frame progress bar. Lower your working resolution and the bar will go away quicker.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Ian Rosaaen
on Mar 19, 2013 at 5:32:53 pm

Thanks, Johnny. I've tried that, but it still slows me way down. I wish I could simply turn it off.

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
on Mar 19, 2013 at 5:38:24 pm

You didn't upload the image. Upload it please just we know we are all talking about the same thing. Thanks.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
on Mar 20, 2013 at 11:49:08 am

Caps Lock disables rendering in the composition viewer. Alternatively you could disable Live Update (which I personally don't recommend, it feels sluggish). Or try holding down option/alt while you "move around" which should temporarily disable Live Update until you release the mouse or the modifier key (opt/alt).

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Ian Rosaaen
on Mar 20, 2013 at 1:16:15 pm

Thanks, Darby. I'll try that.

Ian

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Mar 20, 2013 at 10:07:19 pm

You've been given some good recommendations for making things faster while working, but there are far more such tips than can be typed into a forum thread.

See this page for resources about After Effects work faster: http://adobe.ly/eV2zE7

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Ian Rosaaen
on Mar 21, 2013 at 12:54:24 pm

You're right. The help here is amazing. Thank you.

Ian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]