ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Particular emitter following path

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Moog Gravett
Particular emitter following path
on Mar 18, 2013 at 3:51:18 pm

Hi guys,

First up, I'm sorry. I know there's a whole bunch of posts relating to this kind of thing, but after an hour or trawling and tutorial watching, I still can't find an answer to my problem.

I want to make a particular emitter follow a path (easy) but be able to rotate that path in 3d space (where I get stuck)

So for example, I create a neat circular path with nice particles zooming round and round it, but then I want to duplicate it and rotate the whole thing 90 degrees (or whatever), or rotate that original path through 360 on the Y axis so it becomes like a fake particle sphere. You get the picture?

To reiterate, I'm fine with copying masks to position keyframes and using lights as emitters and even using expressions to link x,y,z co-ordinates. It's beyond that where it beats me.

Is it possible?

cheers

Moog

+++++++++++
Freelance | Video Editor | After Effects | Camerawork

http://www.Peculiana.com
+++++++++++

Return to posts index

John Cuevas
Re: Particular emitter following path
on Mar 19, 2013 at 11:59:49 am

Have you tried using the world transform properties?

Johnny Cuevas, Editor
Thinkck.com

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Moog Gravett
Re: Particular emitter following path
on Mar 19, 2013 at 12:47:50 pm

I think I love you.

How the Dickens have I never realised that before. Thank you - THANK YOU for letting me do something in 25 seconds that I spent all day yesterday stressing over.

"I've learned something today" - Stan Marsh

+++++++++++
Freelance | Video Editor | After Effects | Camerawork

http://www.Peculiana.com
+++++++++++

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]