ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

after effects monitor zoom

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elliott Sidey
after effects monitor zoom
on Mar 18, 2013 at 3:33:07 am

Looking to build a shot of a girl sitting at a computer in a library, on screen is a windows panel programming text in a open source language.

The camera tracks over her shoulder and toward the computer screen, the camera then enters the screen (think tron). How could I make this effect? I can figure out how to create a plate with the laptop screen, but how to do create the zoom thru screen effect?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
Re: after effects monitor zoom
on Mar 18, 2013 at 9:41:05 am

Hello Elliott

I can figure out how to create a plate with the laptop screen, but how to do create the zoom thru screen effect?

To zoom into the computer screen animate the camera towards the screen and then to show that we are passing though the screen you can use combination of different effect like Displacement Map in convergence with Wave World or Bulge effect. You can also show some shift in hue and focus. There are many possibilities.

If you have any reference, I would try to help you out to create the same look.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
Re: after effects monitor zoom
on Mar 18, 2013 at 3:09:22 pm

Another commonly used effect to achieve this is the radial zoom blur, which visually implies a speeding up of the camera move. You might want to apply it to a duplicate copy of the monitor screen, and make sure you leave enough space around the edges of the image (maybe precompose) for the blur to smear outside of the monitor image.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]