ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Remove reflections when camera moves and person passes infront

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bonn KingRemove reflections when camera moves and person passes infront
by on Mar 17, 2013 at 11:10:43 pm

I have a shot where there are the crews reflections in a window and I need them removed. I've tried cloning and replacing the background with a Photoshopped image but the problem is that the camera tilts down and then the tracking gets messed up and also the actress passes in front of the reflections I want removed. Here is the clip it's low res so you might not be able to see the ppl in the back

Thanks

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Remove reflections when camera moves and person passes infront
by on Mar 17, 2013 at 11:44:38 pm

[Bonn King] "I've tried cloning and replacing the background with a Photoshopped image but the problem is that the camera tilts down and then the tracking gets messed up and also the actress passes in front of the reflections I want removed."

Generating a clean plate of the background is a good first step.

How are you currently tracking the clean plate into the shot?

As for the actress passing in front of the reflections that will require rotoscoping of one variety or another.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Bonn KingRe: Remove reflections when camera moves and person passes infront
by on Mar 18, 2013 at 1:58:36 am

This is my first time really playing around with After Effects so I've been following video tutorials.

I tried tracking this way but then when she comes in the frame or when the camera moves it shifts all over the place

Then i tried this one as well but the tutorial is simple compared to my footage so it didn't work

I could rotoscope but I don't really know what to do after I've rotoscoped the girl

Return to posts index

Angelo LorenzoRe: Remove reflections when camera moves and person passes infront
by on Mar 18, 2013 at 2:27:14 am

You could create a clean plate of the sightly above pure black that the window will be at, place it to cover the area partially (really only looks like you need to cover the crew member's feet), and rotoscope the woman in front. The half of the frame with the hold man doesn't need to be touched. It'd be a case for the rotobrush, there is good separation between the woman and background, could be painless.

--------------------
Angelo Lorenzo

Need to encode ProRes on your Windows PC?
Introducing ProRes Helper, an awesome little app that makes it possible
Fallen Empire Digital Production Services - Los Angeles
RED transcoding, on-set DIT, and RED Epic rental services
Fallen Empire - The Blog
A blog dedicated to filmmaking, the RED workflow, and DIT tips and tricks
Can your post production question fit in a tweet? Follow me on Twitter

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]