ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Element 3d - Iphone

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alistair Gallop
Element 3d - Iphone
on Mar 16, 2013 at 5:13:12 pm

Does anyone know if there are any issues with continuous rasterization when using vectors with element 3d?

I have added some text within after effects to an iphone screen but I appear to be getting pixelation when zoomed in on the screen?

Cheers, Ali

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
Re: Element 3d - Iphone
on Mar 16, 2013 at 6:50:09 pm

Alistair

but I appear to be getting pixelation when zoomed in on the screen?

If you are zooming using Mouse scroll, then it is an expected behavior.

Use a Camera to zoom in and then check the results.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

Joseph W. Bourke
on Mar 16, 2013 at 6:59:21 pm

It also depends on the resolution of the screen you're putting in there - if it's the standard Photoshop 72ppi, then it's going to look like garbage. You're going to want something much higher; for example, if you're working at 1920 x 1080, and you're wanting to zoom in pretty full, you'll need a vertical rez on the screen of at least 800 or 900, more if you go tight.

Joe Bourke
Owner/Creative Director
Bourke Media
http://www.bourkemedia.com

Return to posts index

Alistair Gallop
on Mar 16, 2013 at 7:11:31 pm

Hi guys,

I am using after effects text and illustrator images so should be no pixelation atall?

Tried zooming with a camera when it isnt placed in the phone and it looks fine but when placed within element 3d it looks rubbish?

I have attached a screenshot - standard text is usually very crisp.

Cheers, Ali

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
on Mar 16, 2013 at 10:59:56 pm

Continuous rasterization doesn't apply to graphics within Element 3D. If you want that to work, you need to make a feature request to Video Copilot.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Matthew Keane
on Mar 17, 2013 at 4:58:58 pm

I suspect that once you use your comp as a texture in Element 3D. it's probably being down-sampled for the GPU. I had the same problem on a recent project and the easiest workaround is to animate your screen content as a 3D AE layer, and link it to the Element object so that it moves with it - that way, the screen should look nice and crisp. And the easiest way to link Element3D to other AE layers is with the Elementary script.

Matthew Keane

Freelancer based in Paris, France
- Motion Graphics, Video Editing & Effects, Watchout Programming & Live Operation.

Return to posts index

Alistair Gallop
on Mar 25, 2013 at 2:20:30 pm

That makes sense, I suppose I just place the screen just in front of the element model?

I will try it out and see how it looks! Cheers guys.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]