ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Leon EdwardWhooshes
by on Mar 15, 2013 at 1:53:31 pm

Hi, I have seen lots of animations recently where transitions are made from converting one vector into a 3d whoosh of color that converts into another graphic.

Perhaps these whooshes are done frame by frame but I expect there is a quicker way to do it using After Effects or Cinema 4D. See the first few seconds of this showreel if you don't understand what I mean:

Any tips?

Thanks, Leon

Return to posts index

John CuevasRe: Whooshes
by on Mar 15, 2013 at 4:03:20 pm

It looks like you would take your vector art and change it into masks or shapes. Then you would animate the path from a simple path to it's final shape. Just don't delete any vertices when doing it. AE will interpolate from the simple shape to the final shape.

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

"I have not failed 700 times. I have succeeded in proving that those 700 ways will not work. When I have eliminated the ways that will not work, I will find the way that will work."
---THOMAS EDISON on inventing the light bulb.

Return to posts index

Jon BurtonRe: Whooshes
by on Mar 17, 2013 at 1:53:34 pm

I think that example uses both techniques, the first transition will probably have bee shape layers, but the end with the "pop" into lots of different shapes may have been done using the photoshop timeline

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved