ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Multiple comps, replace image & expression

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kevin BurnsMultiple comps, replace image & expression
by on Mar 12, 2013 at 1:09:34 am

I am currently working on a project fairly simple design, 10-12 layers, that is a photo look for a show. This was originally built for 30 - 40 photo treatments, but I have just been given over 600 photos. Is there a program, expression or easier way to do this?

Current workflow: Duplicate precomp, add photo, rename. Duplicate main comp, alt-drag image precomp, copy name of img send to render... It sound easy but even over 100 times is tedious and time consuming...

IS there was an expression that the comp name = layer name = image in precomp?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers -

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Multiple comps, replace image & expression
by on Mar 12, 2013 at 8:43:26 pm

Kevin

IS there was an expression that the comp name = layer name = image in precomp?

Post this question at Adobe After Effects Expressions Forum. You will get your answer quickly.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

Kevin BurnsRe: Multiple comps, replace image & expression
by on Mar 13, 2013 at 10:21:46 pm

Is there... That was my question? I am hoping that there may be a jsx that someone has written that takes the layer ex. #4 = comp name? Sorry for confusion not so much an expression, I dont think you can alter anything outside the layers.

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Multiple comps, replace image & expression
by on Mar 15, 2013 at 4:04:54 pm

You might be able to do this with an expression. You'd create a single comp with all 600 images in it. Trim those layers to 1 frame and use Animation > Keyframe Assistant > Sequence Layers... to put a different image on each frame. In the parent comp you'd apply Time Remapping to each instance of this pre-comp and apply an expression there.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]