ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Problem with Particle World and 3D views (top, right, left, custom)

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jose DominguezProblem with Particle World and 3D views (top, right, left, custom)
by on Mar 11, 2013 at 8:51:02 pm

Hi, I have a problem when i try to change the view from "Active Camera" to another view such as "top" or "custom view". This problem only happens with particle world and other layers that use a 3D EFFECT. 3D Layers display normally though. Here are some pictures.

Any advice would be really appreciated.

Active Camera:

Top View:

Custom View:

As you can see, the particle world layer preview does not change.

Return to posts index

Todd KoprivaRe: Problem with Particle World and 3D views (top, right, left, custom)
by on Mar 11, 2013 at 10:55:25 pm

The view changes only affect 3D layers. The layer that you have the effect on is not a 3D layer. This effect is not a 3D effect in the sense that it renders its results in 3D; rather, it is faking the appearance of 3D on a 2D layer as a projection.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Jose DominguezRe: Problem with Particle World and 3D views (top, right, left, custom)
by on Mar 12, 2013 at 12:06:32 am

Thank You for replying! The thing is that when you use "Particle World" it acts as a 3D layer [it even has the little cube right next to the effect. I´ve seen in several tutorials that they are able to see the particles in different views, like in this tutorial:

http://library.creativecow.net/devis_andrew/AE_Working-in-3D_Part-2/1

here´s a picture of what I´m talking about:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]