ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

Issues with Adobe Mocha when parenting with layers in After Effects CS 5.5

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ryan Till
Issues with Adobe Mocha when parenting with layers in After Effects CS 5.5
on Mar 10, 2013 at 10:09:48 pm

Hi all. I have recently began to use After Effects and Mocha and so far have been focusing on learning how to track objects. On the Mocha side of things, everything is perfect. I am able to track just fine but it's when it comes to After Effects where the problems emerge.

I can infact paste the Mocha tracking data onto a null layer in AE and see a clear track taking effect, but when i try to partner that with another object in order for it to follow from the track mocha provided, it doesn't and remains as if un-partnered. I have tried a number of methods to fix this problem with no joy so it's safe to say i am confused.

I do use Windows 7 whether that makes a difference or not.

Any help will be greatly appreciated,
Thanks.

Return to posts index

Ridley Walker
Re: Issues with Adobe Mocha when parenting with layers in After Effects CS 5.5
on Mar 11, 2013 at 1:03:59 am

[Ryan Till] "but when i try to partner that with another object in order for it to follow from the track mocha provided, it doesn't and remains as if un-partnered."

Are parenting the object to the Null and not the other way around? You should parent to the null so the object you want to follow the tracking data shows the null as its parent.

Return to posts index

Roland R. Kahlenberg
Re: Issues with Adobe Mocha when parenting with layers in After Effects CS 5.5
on Mar 11, 2013 at 1:21:28 am

At the basic level, you should ensure two things are done correctly -
1) in mochaAE, ensure that you select Transform Data when exporting tracking data

2) in AE, after applying the tracking data to either a Null or another layer, ensure that you remove the Anchor Point keyframes. Additionally, though not a stringent requirement, you may re-set the Anchor Point value to its default of [0,0].

HTH
RoRK

Intensive mocha & AE Training in Singapore and Other Dangerous Locations

Imagineer Systems (mocha) Certified Instructor
& Adobe After Effects ACE/ACI (version 7)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]