ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Some Basic guidance needed here..

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zain AltaySome Basic guidance needed here..
by on Mar 9, 2013 at 9:09:22 am

Hello guys,Excuse me for my English but I hope you understand me.

I need help with a transition which I would call it Zoom in lets say i have 2 footage's,footage at the bottom camera is zoomed out quite a bit but in second footage the camera is close to the want i want to do is to make the camera Zoom in to the face before it switches to the next footage AND as soon as it switches to the next scene the camera still will be zooming in a little bit making it look like it was all setup..

There alot of videos and tutorials on youtube doing it in sony vegas but i want to do it in AE and i tried but never got the same perfection.

ill give an example in case you guys might have not gotten my point

in this video in 1:03> and 1:13> u can see zoom in to the eye...

After Effects Noob...but will rise..

Return to posts index

Thallis von HolckRe: Some Basic guidance needed here..
by on Mar 9, 2013 at 8:53:42 pm

If you scale down the close up footage to about 75% and set the opacity to 50% . Then scale up the wide footage and change the position so it aligns with the close up. Now parent the wide footage to the close up. Keyframe the scale and position of the close up footage from all the way out to all the way in. Play with the curves and maybe add a null to make the zoom effect continue after the rush . Don't forget to add motion blur !
Hope it helps
- Thallis

Return to posts index

Vishesh AroraRe: Some Basic guidance needed here..
by on Mar 10, 2013 at 5:07:11 am

There are many transitions between 1:03 - 1:13.

Also they are not too difficult. If you know the basics of AE, You will be able to do this easily.
Make your Layers 3D and use Camera for Zoom Effect.

Start Here:

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved