ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

After Effects Renders Black

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Zac WaxmanAfter Effects Renders Black
by on Mar 6, 2013 at 2:53:47 pm

Hi there,

Firstly I'd like to apologise because my description of my problem will probably confuse people.

I'm working on a project in CS6. I am animating an Earth (using cc sphere) and having the camera zoom into a country - once the camera reaches a certain distance from the earth, I have a pre comp which masks and fades in (which is a closer zoom of a particular continent or country) to make it seem like a seamless zoom in from outer space onto a country. My issue is that the pre comp just renders black frames instead of the arranged photoshop files - that are within the pre comp.

The effects im using are CC Sphere, Glow and Particular.

I have rendered out the pre comp alone and tried replacing the pre comp with the .mov file instead but this still produces the black frames.

The beginning of the animation works perfectly when rendered out. Even within AE I can see the precomp within the main comp fine as a RAM preview, just not when I export it.

Would be hugely grateful for any help or advice on this as I am completely stumped after trying for 2 days to work it out.

It shouldn't be a problem for my machine. I'm running an iMac on OSX 10.7.5 on a 3.1Ghz i5 with 16GB Ram. My graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD 6970M 1024 MB and I know its not the greatest graphics card (work computer) but I have never had any issues with rendering before this with bigger and more effects-heavy projects.

Thank you and any help would be majorly appreciated.

Zac Waxman

Junior Motion Graphics Designer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved