ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

words from book turn into title...

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mitch Hardison
words from book turn into title...
on Mar 6, 2013 at 4:08:56 am

My client wants me to film a book and as he speaks the words come off the page of the book and morph into a title...(different words than are on the page) He also says he wants the title to appear as if its hand drawn or painted on with brush strokes. What is a good way to achieve this effect. I know you need more info but this is all I have. Can you just point me in the right direction to get started pleas. I do have particular. Thanks!

Return to posts index

chris brett
Re: words from book turn into title...
on Mar 6, 2013 at 10:10:22 am

Hi Mitch - 2 things come to mind

1 ) shoot a book with tracker markers and add the type in post

2 ) you probably need a visual 'device' of some kind to make it look cute -- such as a helical twist or a 'portal' - not only will this add interest but it will make the transition a LOT easier.

My instinct is that simply morphing the text from one thing to another might look a bit clunky unless there is a visual 'reason' for it - or at the very least a trigger in the audio track.

If you have a big enough budget and plenty of work might be worth talking to your favourite 3D guy as well.

------------------------------- chris --

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
on Mar 6, 2013 at 10:51:01 am

Mitch

I know you need more info but this is all I have.

I concur with you on this point. According to the Info we have:

1. You have to Track the Book with Text on it. As Chris has said.

Use Mocha AE for this step. It will be an easy task if you go for tracking using Mocha as it will give you a good track.

Start from Here.

2. As far morphing of type is concerned, You may like to use Write-On Effect or Stroke Effect to create the hand drawn type of animation.

Check this:

Animating a Signature in Ae

Morphing between the Type and logo will depend on experiment. Can't say something for that right now.

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

Dave LaRonde
on Mar 6, 2013 at 8:27:16 pm

[Mitch Hardison] "...I know you need more info but this is all I have..."

Well, then you're going to have to pin the client down. Ask probing questions. Is this an over the shoulder shot? hand-held? What kind of book? Can the client draw even a crude picture of what's in the mind's eye?

Right now you're asking a question equally vague to, "I want to build a bridge, how do I do it?"

Sorry, but without more information, it's impossible to give any kind of useful advice.

Dave LaRonde
Former Sr. Promotion Producer
KCRG-TV (ABC) Cedar Rapids, IA

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]