ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Creative Cloud

3-d motion (camera mvmt) looks fine in Comp Preview, skewed in Render

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anastacia Spada
3-d motion (camera mvmt) looks fine in Comp Preview, skewed in Render
on Mar 5, 2013 at 11:46:08 pm

Hello Creative Cows,

I am pretty rusty in AE, so it is likely that I am doing something wrong to cause this issue. Any suggestions or advice for this problem would greatly be appreciated, as I'd like to improve as well as solve the particular issue.

I have created a composition with several 3D layers of Illustrator graphics to create a scene. In order to simulate camera movement, I created a null object, and parented all of the 3d layers to it. Then, I used keyframes to change properties of the null object and thus change the zoom, focal point, etc.

In the Composition Preview screen, the animation is just how I want it. There is a sweeping camera movement, zoom in, zoom out, change of point of interest. However, when I go to render the composition, it looks completely different. Layers are intersecting oddly, and the movement and zoom is completely off.

I have recorded the scene in preview to show the difference between the two

(comp preview)

(actual render)

All of the layers in the comp are in 3D mode, and all are parented to the Null object. I've never experienced this before, and can't figure out what is causing it to happen!

Thanks

Return to posts index

Todd Kopriva
Re: 3-d motion (camera mvmt) looks fine in Comp Preview, skewed in Render
on Mar 6, 2013 at 4:53:09 am

Your screen capture is too low-resolution for me to see, but my guess is that you're not previewing through the active camera.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Todd Kopriva, Adobe Systems Incorporated
After Effects quality engineering
After Effects team blog
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Return to posts index

Vishesh Arora
on Mar 6, 2013 at 11:05:11 am

Anastacia

I agree with Todd. Cross check the Camera you are working with before rendering.

See the image below:

Vishesh Arora
3D and Motion Graphics Artist
Films Rajendra

Blog:
http://digieffects.wordpress.com

2011 3D Demo Reel:

Return to posts index

Anastacia Spada
on Apr 5, 2013 at 8:57:58 pm

Sorry for the late response, but your suggestions were correct. Thanks for clearing it up!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]