ADOBE AFTER EFFECTS: Forum Expressions Tutorials Podcasts Creative Cloud

Collapse Transformations Disables "Preserve Frame Rate When Nested"??

COW Forums : Adobe After Effects

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adad WardaCollapse Transformations Disables "Preserve Frame Rate When Nested"??
by on Mar 4, 2013 at 12:49:59 am

I am trying to achieve a cartoon wiggle effect on layers which are set to 8fps, nest them in a 24p comp and enable them to have smooth 24p motion properties while they wiggle at a lower frame rate. The layers are vectors created in illustrator so i collapsed transformations/continually rasterize, but when I do this, the frame rate for the wiggle effect (created with turbulent displacement) is lost, and the wiggle plays at 24p. Does anyone know why?

Return to posts index

Neil CoplandRe: Collapse Transformations Disables "Preserve Frame Rate When Nested"??
by on Jul 16, 2013 at 10:38:18 am

I am having the exact same problem did you come up with a solution to this in the end?

Contiually rasterize not only disables (preserving the nested frame rate of a comp) but it also seems to have issues when you use a posterize time effect with a camera.

Any solutions would be very much appreciated.

thanks in advance.

1: Instead of using posterize time as an adjustment layer you can add an expression to the property you wish to change the frame rate of (i.e. position) by pasting this code in the expression field of that property. This will then posterize your keyframed animation on that property to whatever you desire by just changing the number in the brackets. I found this code on another forum.

2: If you wish to have a wiggle expression with a posterize time effect on the properties layer (i.e. position) then fabian the blind has made an awesome script to do just that, Link below.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved